Tuesday 1 April 2014

Wk 13 Digi Choosday Challenge....Flower Power

Choosday again! Hi everyone!
We hope you're all raring to go with your crafting today now the clocks have sprung forward and we have lighter nights and therefore much longer to craft in the evenings, yippeeeee!! 

As a celebration of the Spring, we have a fab special offer for you today
You can save a huge 
15% off all digis in the digistore HERE
by using code DCW12 at the checkout until 8th April! Woohoo!

Our fabulous challenge for you this week is
Flower Power
The Design Team have gone crazy this week and have some fabulous inspiration for you all! You have until 15th April GMT to enter this challenge, so loads and loads of time and the winner will receive a copy of our fantastic new Work and Play Collection 2 which is just fabuLUSH! 
Remember - you don't have to use our products to enter so the challenge is open to everyone so long as you follow our rules in the sidebar! The winner of this challenge will be announced on Tuesday 29th April.

We are delighted to announce the Random winner of our Week 10 challenge as chosen by Random.org, which is
No 34, Antoinette
Well done!! Email us here to claim your prize of 5 digis! Please add code DCW10001 to your email as it helps us know which challenge you are from!
As always the Design Team love to choose our favourite Top 3 and this week they are:
#9  Nadja
#27 Suzette
Well done everyone, you've all won a digi too so please email us here with the code DCW100123 to claim your prizes and make sure you grab your winners blinkies from the sidebar!

So let's see what the Design Team have for you this week!....

Scatty Jan  Now last week for my Digi Choosday DT project I made a bendy card, I hope you don't mind me showing you another but I love them so very much , I love making the little scenes. The clouds and the shaped card were cut on my portrait. For this weeks card I have used  Fredericka - Libby Carefree DigistampShe is a beauty to colour up , which I have done using Graph'it MarkersI have also used the fantastic Bonbon Belles CD for the flowers, gate, fence, mushrooms, kite butterfly and ladybird  xx

Zoe - I decided to use digi images from the gorgeous Dollie Goes East collection to decorate a picture frame. I started out by colouring the stunning girl image before colouring the flowers - all with the fabulous Graph It Markers. Once done I put the girl onto some background paper inside then positioned the flowers outside on the wooden frame. I often use my digi images on other projects like this!

Anjie - On my card this week the image and papers are from the Dollie Daydream Goes East CD Collection as are the large flowers. You can also buy the image separate in the digi download store here. I have used the same papers to make the rolled roses. The flower mats are made using the Doobadoo Flower stencil. The image is coloured with Graph'It Markers.

Debbi - I have to say one of my favourite things to do in crafting is to make paper flowers, so was over the moon when I saw this weeks theme. I have made a card and matching gift box set. The image I used for the card is the Dollie Daydream Bouquet digi, and all the papers used where taken from the Dollie Daydream Girl Talk Collection. I also sponged the edges of some of the flowers with Victorian Velvet distress ink and adding a bit of sparkle with some tiny gems.
Yvonne - I have a crazy obsession with flowers on cards so this weeks challenge was perfect for me! I chose a digi, backing papers, template and sentiment, all from the Dollie Goes East Collecction which is available as a download bundle or as a CD-Rom from Polkadoodles.  I used Dollie Goes East - Lantern which is available from the Etsy Store, as a digi download or as part of the collection; I coloured her with my Graph'It Marker pens.  As I chose the Lantern image, I thought it would look cool on the lantern template from the collection; so that's what I did! I used the backing paper from the collection, and I printed out one of the scroll sentiments. I went over the sentiment with the phenomenal Graph'It Silver Glitter pen. I used paper flowers from my stash but I coloured them with the same Graph'It Marker that I coloured the dress of the image in - the Graph'It pens just give us such a vibrant colour, don't they!! I added some silver ribbon and one of the dragonfly's from the same collection  to finish the card off. 
Jo- I went out of my comfort zone of colouring characters for this weeks challenge and chose to colour a scene, and I thought the Bee Happy image was the perfect choice for this challenge. I have used background papers from the Dollie Daydream CD to compliment the theme and added glossy accents to look like raindrops on the flower petals.
Susan - This week I have used an image and papers  from the Dollie Daydream Goes East CDthe papers in this collection are so lush and the images are amazing. I have used Graph'It Marker pens  to colour image.
Sally - I decided to use my Dollie Daydream Goes East CD Rom. I chose one of the many lovely backing papers and this lovely Panda chewing on some bamboo shoots.  How easy to just click and print out both of these images. I matted the background paper onto black cardstock, cut out the Panda and adhered it to the backing paper.  I then printed out some sentiment tickets from the cd rom and coloured it using my Promarkers, added a bow and there it is.
So there is the inspiration this week - just fabulous yet again! 

You have until 15th April GMT to enter this challenge, so loads and loads of time and the winner will receive a copy of our fantastic new Work and Play Collection 2 which is just fabuLUSH! We look forward to seeing all your entries - don't forget to take advantage of that great discount code for the digi store too!
Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

7 comments :

  1. Great challenge and fab cards by the DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thank you Digi Choosday for the fun challenge and prizes. I am DCW10001 - Random winner - Antoinette Tristan. pchildtristan@sbcglobal.net Big Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Digi ChooseDay. I am new to your Blog Challenge and your DCW10001 winner. I cannot seem to locate where to email you for my 5 digi prize. Big Hugs, Apologies for my ignorance. pchildtristan@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for choosing my card as one of the top 3. I appreciate it a lot. Congrats to the other winners as well. Emailed already and proudly wearing my badge. Hugs always!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great DT work and a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the DT inspiration - thanks for sharing!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful Dt inspiration

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us at the Digi Choosday challenge! We love to hear from you so feel free to drop us a comment below! mwaah mwaah! xx